I am so over the moon to announce that The Book of Silly Rhymes is a silver medal winner at The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. I just can’t believe it!
I was amazed when I found out my book was a finalist in the awards but to then find out it won the silver medal was the icing on the cake.
Winning this award means so much to me as it is judged by children so to know the audience who I wrote the book for are enjoying it is just brilliant.
Review from The Wishing Shelf Book Awards
This book was entered in The Wishing Shelf Book
Awards. This is what our readers thought:
Title: The Book of Silly Rhymes
Author: Cheryl Lee-White, ill by Louise Rarity
Star Rating: 5 Stars
Number of Readers: 16
Writing Style: 9/10
Of the 16 readers:
15 would read another book by this author.
14 thought the cover was good or excellent.
16 felt it was easy to follow.
15 would recommend this story to another reader to try.
Of all the readers, 10 felt the author’s strongest skill was
‘the comical content of the poems’.
Of all the readers, 6 felt the author’s strongest skill was
16 felt the pacing was good or excellent.
15 thought the author understood the readership and what they
‘Very funny and a bit naughty too. I laughed a lot when I read
this book.’ Boy, aged 9 – with a little help from his teacher
‘Fun, sweet set of poetry. Short so good for accessibility.
Lots of making fun of pretty much everything including school,
teachers, etc. – you name it! Good for boys.’ Primary teacher,
‘They made me giggle. Poetry is not my thing but this was not
too long and was easy to follow and understand.’ Girl, aged 8
– with a little help from her teacher
‘Boys like this sort of stuff. I thought it was all rather
silly but I’m not the intended reader. A little bit rude, a
little bit childish, a little bit immature. Basically, this
was perfect for my 9 year old boy!’ Parent of boy, aged 9
‘A very silly, very comical set of short poetry. Perfect for
boys! A SILVER MEDAL WINNER and highly recommended.’ The
Wishing Shelf Book Awards
It is a wonderful feeling to know that my book is being enjoyed by so many children. I wrote it because I wanted to bring fun and laughter to reading time and spread joy to children. I wanted to help inspire children to find their love of reading especially those that are reluctant to read in the first place.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Why not also read my other posts –
Some of my posts contain affiliated links to products where I may receive a small fee if these products are bought.
- Allotment Fun – Book ReviewI have been reviewing the lovely new book ‘Allotment Fun‘ by author Helen Isaac and illustrated by Tim Burgess. This is a great early gardening …
- Grandma – A Children’s Book about CancerComing soon! I am so excited to share with you that my new children’s book Grandma – A children’s book about cancer, will be coming …
- Dig – Children’s Book ReviewWe have had the pleasure of reviewing the fabulous children’s book Dig which has been written by children’s author Nicky Gilbody and illustrated by Stephanie …
- Love Thy Body Book ReviewI had the privilege to be an advanced reader of the amazing new book Love Thy Body written by Laura Bland, Ana Bonasera and Serena …
- Suzie Goes to School Book ReviewI had the opportunity this week to review this wonderful book ‘Suzie Goes to School‘ written by Charlotte Olson. This book is one of the …